Tata Motors has been a leader in introducing new technologies and alternate fuel and in this endeavour, expanding the CNG portfolio by introducing Tata Signa G.48T; nation's highest payload CNG truck aimed at providing huge savings in Total Cost of Operations and a step towards making India's goods movement cleaner and greener.
The Tata Signa G.48T CNG truck has been configured with highly reliable aggregates, powered by Cummins fuel-efficient 6.7-litre gas engine, proven in international markets, capable of generating 280HP and 1100Nm. This truck will be offered with the Signa Cabin and multiple body options meeting the requirement of varied applications and customer needs. These have been configured on a modular platform architecture and can be easily customised, based on the application requirement offering a range of 500+ km. The trucks are enriched with multiple value features such as- 3-mode FE switch, auto-misfire detection, automatic shut-off valves for enhanced safety and dual filling nozzles for reducing the time to fill the CNG cylinder and enabled with Fleet Edge telematics.
- Multi-information display cluster with driver friendly features for best-in-class fuel economy
- Advanced infotainment system - 7" infotainment screen with touch screen, Bluetooth compatibility & auxiliary connect support
- Easy navigation with phone mirroring
- Mobile pairing & compatibility enabling attending calls and playing videos and music without holding phones
- Introduction of Signa facelift cabin with Tilt feature for better Serviceability and Maintainability
- New Styled Steering wheel with controls for infotainment system controls and phone functions
- Improved visibility with a pillar mounted proximity mirror
- Improved egress/ingress with improved door opening angle
- Best in class door opening/closing effort with introduction of new lock mechanism and handle
- Enhance utility space with introduction of Front Head box and 3 piece Berth with innovative features like locker arrangement, multi utility table.
- Projector headlamps with DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) with integrated cornering lamps
- Enhanced day & night running illumination with best-in-class front head lamps
- LED Fog lamps introduction to cater to extreme rainy and winter seasons, and different terrain driving conditions
- Safety Lamps - LED side repeater, puddle lamps for enhanced safety.
- Hill Start Aid (HSA)- provides automatic roll brake functions allowing the driver to comfortably start uphill by preventing the vehicle from rolling backwards
- 'Fleet Edge' advanced telematics solutions with connected solutions like 'over the air' calibration, connected diagnostics, DMS Video event
- Option of Electronic Stability Control (ESC) - Automatically intervenes where vehicle stability enters a critical area, improves directional stability, and mitigates roll-over by reducing the speed
- Driver Monitoring System (DMS) alerts the driver in case the driver is feeling drowsy and distracted
- Option of Collision Mitigation System (CMS) - Mitigates a high-speed crash and increases safety - Avoids collision and reduces accidents. related fatal chances and costs
- Option of Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) - Camera-based warning system that helps keep the vehicle to stay in lane. Warns the driver with visual, audible, or haptic signals. Helps to avoid potential collisions and run-off-road accidents.
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) for better fuel efficiency, enhanced tyre life, and drive safety
- Truck Unitized Bearing - Enhanced Service life & Lower rolling friction leading to improved fuel efficiency
Applications & Variants:
- Cement application, bulker & fly-ash, market load operation, denser FMCG movement
- New Cummins 6.7-litre Gas Engine with 280HP and 1100Nm
- Options of Range up to 500 to 1000km CNG Tank Cascade option of type 1 and type 4 cylinders
- ~34T Payload offering in this segment (with type 4 cylinder)
- Best in class Performance with higher engine power and torque
SIGNA Sleeper Tiltable cabin
Cummins ISBe 6.7B BS6 CNG Engine 280 HP, 1100Nm
Heavy Duty 9 Speed
Drive Axle: Heavy Duty Single Reduction Axle
295/90R20 (Tube type), Option of tubeless
Front - Parabolic with ARB Rear - Semi-Elliptical, Lift Axle: 12.5T Pneumatic Operated
Type-4 / Type 1 Cylinders
Full Air Dual circuit - S Cam with ABS
Deck length options